Apex EC-7RS Wheels for Mustang
The Apex EC-7RS is the lighter, stronger, and more functional version of the EC-7 design. They offer even more brake clearance than the original flow formed version, thanks to "I" beam spokes and forged manufacturing.
Face profiles offered for these wheels:
- Medium concavity face (profile 2)
- Deep concavity face (profile 3)
The wheels' shallower faces provide increased caliper clearance on narrow applications, while the deeper concave faces reduce weight and create an aggressive appearance on low offset and wide-width applications. Your selected options will display the chosen wheel's profile.
- 10K Ton Forged 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Side-milled spokes for reduced weight
- Stronger inner lip
- Massive brake clearance
- Paint-less knurled beads
- Accommodates over-sized race lugs and impact sockets
- Can be used with all OEM mounting hardware, proper aftermarket hardware, and most wheel spacers
- APEX logo center cap included, accepts OEM center caps
- Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) compatible - not included
- Unmatched replacement program
- Lifetime structural warranty
- Independently tested and certified
10K Tons of Pressure
Apex's new forgings weigh as much as 120 pounds before machining. To form such a thick blank they require special equipment capable of 10,000 metric tons of pressure. This extreme pressure increases the strength of the aluminum by eliminating porosity and improving the grain structure.
True Motorsport Blanks
Many companies use 3rd-party blanks intended for non-motorsport wheels which can severely limit sizes, concavity, spoke design, and critical brake clearance. Apex designed their very own blank profiles from scratch to allow total control over the final product.
One of the biggest upgrades from the EC-7 is the addition of wider and deeper side-milled spokes. Any excess material that doesn’t add strength is carved out using a precision CNC ball cutter.
Tougher Inner Lip
The Sprint™ spec inner lip has a unique channel profile that makes it pounds lighter with 32% more reinforcement than our previous designs.
Paint-less Knurled Bead
Repeated hard braking and acceleration can make a tire slip along the bead seat and go out of balance, causing vibration. Knurled beads help, but are less effective when painted over. This forged line features unpainted knurled beads that stay sharp and maximize grip.